Change colour:            

Forums

Forums > Community Spaces >
In: Support and Feedback

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
This Thread is Entitled:Uniforms
Moderators: AOMTealFox, AOM Alex, Central Archive, AOMMonty, Ignominy, Hawk, Velvet Deancer, AOMarwen, Chris, menmaatra
Author Post
Spectre
Tactical Officer Kalishnikova
Registered Member #575

I was just wondering if there were any graphics on uniform and even civilian clothing style? And if not, what would be the best show/game to look at it terms of what our characters would look like?

Because right now im kinda viewing my character all designs like what i saw in Mass Effect.

Member's Awards: None
AOMTealFox
Co-Founder of the New Worlds Project

Registered Member #1

I think in the very original documents on New Worlds there were some discussions about uniforms. I'm pretty sure Alex discusses them in the TDR Reference Guide...

I notice that there is very little discussion of this topic yet... Might be something worth writing about! Would you want to take a crack at it?

Website
AOM Alex

Registered Member #2

As yet there are no graphics. There are descriptions in the TDR Reference Guide though. I have copied the relevant section below:

Uniforms

The military uniforms of the Terran Democratic Republic share many similarities with those uniforms used in the 21st century, as the practicalities of the designs have continued to resonate throughout the past five hundred years. The United Nations and Terran Democratic Republic patches continue to be an important part of all of the uniforms though. In fact, the original UN logo is only ever found anymore on the military uniforms ? a throwback to before the Terran Democratic Republic symbol was produced.

Army Regular Uniform: The regular army uniform uses camouflage colours to help conceal the soldier who wears it in a forest environment. Other regular uniforms exist for urban and desert settings, however the only thing different is the colours (shades of green for the forest, grey for urban and beige for desert). The regular uniform worn during combat by U.N.P.P.F. troops is both comfortable and practical, comprising of a jacket (complete with some laser protective coating that pads the jacket) and trousers with plenty of pockets for storage of spare ammunition, ration bars and medpacks. Complementing the jacket, whose United Nations and Terran Democratic Republic logos are colour blended with the uniform at the shoulders, is webbing with more utility pouches to store ammunition, as well as a clip for their laser weapons. Helmets are provided as standard, in scheme with the rest of the uniform. Ranks are depicted both on the helmets and on the shoulders, allowing for others to see a soldier?s rank from either side.

Army Formal Uniform: The formal U.N.P.P.F. Army uniform is green, like most formal ground force uniforms throughout human history. The jacket is worn over a white shirt with the logo of the Terran Democratic Republic broached onto the shirt. The jacket has rank stars on the shoulders, and medals are pinned to the left side of the jacket, displaying the commendations and service of the officer in question. A name tag displaying the surname of the officer is pinned above the medals.

Navy Duty Uniform: The Navy Duty Uniform is a blue jacket and trousers. The jacket buttons up to the neck, with a stiff collar on which insignia identify whether the officer is a standard naval officer or a fighter pilot. Rank insignia is worn on the shoulders, and the patch of the Terran Democratic Republic is located on the left breast, below a name tag showing the officer?s surname. A belt is worn above the jacket, which has a circle of stars on the central broach if the officer is of flag rank. Command officers, and flag officers, wear a white sash, which in the hectic bridge environment makes them more easily recognisable.

Navy Dress Uniform: The formal dress for the space navy is identical to the ground forces, with the exception being that the colour is a navy blue rather than green, such that it is possible to distinguish between the two service branches. On the dress uniform fighter pilots are distinguished from standard space navy officers with a pair of wings attached above their name tag.

Fighter Pilot Flight Uniform: The uniform of fighter pilots when they are on duty and preparing to get into the cockpit of a fighter is different from when they are on duty but not preparing to fly. The flight uniform is a fully sealed blue jumpsuit with a utility belt containing emergency supplies in case of a need to eject. Then placed around the neck is a helmet for emergency purposes, in case the atmospheric integrity of the cabin is compromised. On the arms of the flight jacket is the rank and squadron patch of the fighter pilot.

Website
AOMTealFox

Registered Member #1

Thanks Alex for that update

Good to see you're still hovering around as well!

Website
Chris
draco

Registered Member #210

You know I remember writeing a draft for the RM uniforms, for the R.M.R.S. Houba Storyline. Which as sadly not gone anywere...

Member's Awards: Writer of the Month
Wes
Registered Member #381

Why not commission an artist to create some illustrations? I've commissioned a lot of character art and could help you find artists if you'd like.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF