in Vehicles, Crafts, and Starships
The U.N.S.S. Avenger was designed to be, from the first moment she was built, the flagship of a prosperous Terran Democratic Republic. Designed out of a series of modifications applied to the Ticonderoga Class battleship, the U.N.S.S. Avenger was in many ways an improvement upon the aging Ticonderoga Class design.
Expensive to construct, and luxurious inside, the Avenger is still one of the most powerful starship in the United Nations Permanent Peacekeeping Forces' fleet. She is in many respects comparable to a Gohorn dreadnought, though her hull is much lighter and her weapons only 66% as powerful.
The U.N.S.S. Avenger is a fairly agile vessel for her weight class; she had been equipped with what was then a revolutionary vortex drive design that ensured the Avenger wouldn't loose an incredible amount of speed due to her weight.
Since her commissioning date she has been outfitted with several new systems so as to make sure that she would be up to the latest Gohorn designs.
She is smaller than a Gohorn dreadnought, though she manages to keep a weapons profile that is both impressive and deadly. She is expected to remain as the United Nations Permanent Peacekeeping Forces' flagship for many years to come.
Faster-than-Light Drive System
Sub-Light Propulsion System
Countermeasures and Interceptors
Counter Measures:Manufacturer: Olympus Defence Systems, Mars Type: Koala-KING-2124 Range: 85,000 Km Payload: 50 maximum: 50
Anti Missile/Torpedoes Interceptors:Manufacturer: Olympus Defence Systems, Mars Type: Akihiro Range: 50,000 Km Payload: 20 maximum: 20
Forward Laser Turrets: 2Model: T-10 Firing Arc: 120 degree(s) Firepower: 1,700 TW
Starboard Laser Turrets: 3Model: T-05 Firing Arc: 120 degree(s) Firepower: 825 TW
Port Laser Turrets: 3Model: T-05 Firing Arc: 120 degree(s) Firepower: 825 TW
Aft Laser Turrets: 2Model: T-09 Firing Arc: 120 degree(s) Firepower: 1,700 TW
Starboard Launchers: 1Model: Airwalk Available Payload: 25 torpedoes Average Reload Time: 7,23 sec
Port Launchers: 1Model: Airwalk Available Payload: 25 torpedoes Average Reload Time: 7,23 sec
Starboard Launchers: 2Model: Hums Available Payload: 50 missiles Average Reload Time: 12,78 sec
Port Launchers: 2Model: Hums Available Payload: 50 missiles Average Reload Time: 12,78 sec
Onboard SystemName: Sensor Suite
Description of System:
The Ticonderoga are equipped with an extremely power sensor suite to facilitate command and control functions of the ship. These include:
Long Range & Short Range Sensor Suite
- Wide and Narrow Active EM scanners: Constructed by EMS, Paris, Earth
- 3.0-meter Gamma Ray telescopes: Constructed by VSS, New Amsterdam, Mars
- Lifeform analysis cluster w/ DNA coding scan: Constructed by SDGE, York, Earth
- Subspace Specialized Scanners (multipurpose): Constructed by SSA, Norfolk, Earth
- Thermal & Energy imaging Sensors: Constructed by SLS2398, Kinshasa, Earth
- Combat & Combat Acquisition Analysis Sensors: Constructed by Exocet, Toulouse, Earth
- AEGIS Comparative Identification Sensors: Constructed by T.D.R. Skunkworks, California, Earth
- ASDS AWAC sensors against ASDS equipment: Constructed by Luna S.A., Jupiter
Passive Combat Sensor Suite
- Combat Analysis Detection Grid (CADG): constructed by LFY Corporation, Toulouse, Earth
- Long Range Combat & Combat Acquisition Analysis Sensors: Constructed by Tactical Command, San Francisco, Earth
- Anti-Missile Detection Grid (AMDG): Constructed by SLS2398, Kinshasa, Earth
Active Combat Sensors
- PTMS-VI Missile Targeting Sensors (Multiple Targeting): Constructed by General Electric: Weapons Division, Detroit, Earth
- PTMS-XX Laser Targeting Sensors (Multiple Targeting): Constructed by Mitsubishi: Weapons Division, Tokyo, Earth
- AEGIS-III Missile and Torpedo Targeting Sensors (Multiple Targeting): Constructed by T.D.R. Skunkworks, California, Earth
Intelligence Systems Acquisition
- Number of Probes Available: 150
- Number of Science Labs: 3
Onboard SystemName: AEGIS Anti-Missile and Torpedo Shield Model: AEGIS-AMS-18-B Manufacturer: T.D.R. Skunkworks, California, United States, Earth
Description of System:The AEGIS Anti-Missile Shield was developed as part of a whole array of AEGIS equipment that was designed to increase the defence readiness of Terran starships. The efficiency of these weapons has made them sought-after equipment across the entire galaxy. The AEGIS Anti-Missile Shield protects the ship from missile attack by carpeting a region where the missile is expected to hit with small laser discharges. They work alongside interceptors to make the Avenger one of the best-defended ships against missiles. The AEGIS, however, has been known to lock up and doesn't always hit its fast moving target.
Onboard SystemName: Anti-Sensor Detection System Model: ASDS-946-A Manufacturer: United Air and Space Institute, Earth
Description of System:Note: The Anti-Sensor Detection System only works against starships which are far away and the system causes a considerable energy drain on the ship using it.
Support Crafts on Board
Onboard Transport Crafts: 5, (2 specifically designed for UNPPFCMD Evacuation Standards)
Onboard Repair Pods: 1
Onboard Fighter Crafts: 30Model: 15 Seriche Fighter-Bombers, 15 Flapjack Fighter-Interceptors
- 01: Main Bridge, Captain's Ready Room
- 02: Senior Officers' Quarters, including Commanding Officer's Quarters
- 03-06: Junior Officers' Quarters
- 07: Main Support Craft Bay, Cargo Bays
- 08: Fighter Bay, Marines Training Centre, Cargo Bays; Specific to Marines
- 09: Science Labs
- 10: Mess Hall
- 11: Science Labs
- 12: UNPPFCMD Laboratory 1
- 13: Torpedo and Missile Launchers
- 14: Civilian Residential Apartments, Second Officer's Quarters
- 15: Guests' Quarters; Specific to Ambassadors, high-ranking officials
- 16: Secondary Computer Core, First Officer's Quarters
- 17: Enlisted Quarters
- 18: Marines Living Quarters
- 19: Junior Officers' Lounge, Senior Officers' Lounge (used for recreation)
- 20: Computer Core, Escape Pods
- 21: Residential Apartments
- 22: Main Medical Bay, 2nd Officer's Office, UNPPFCMD Medical Laboratory 2, and Gym
- 23: Swimming Pool, Training Centres for the Martial Arts, Combat Training
- 24: Training Area for Medical and Security Purposes
- 25: Conference Rooms
- 26: Residential Apartments for long staying guests, life support systems
- 27: Escape Pods
- 28: Maintenance
- 29: Docking Port
- 30: Armoury
- 31: Docking Latches
- 32: Emergency Batteries, Fore Laser Turrets
- 33: Life support systems, Escape Pods
- 34-35: Science Labs
- 36: Fighter Bay 2 and Support Craft Bay 2
- 37: Support Craft Bay support, Main Fighter Bay
- 38: Stellar Cartography Labs, Marines Debriefing Room
- 39-42: Living Quarters
- 43: Power Distribution, Aft Laser Turrets
- 44: Engineering Support Labs
- 45: Main Thruster Drives
- 46: Fighter Craft Maintenance
- 48: Dorsal Docking Port, Starboard Laser Turrets
- 49: Engineering Support
- 50: Vortex Drive
- 51: Vortex Drive Service Entry Ports, Vortex Maintenance and Cooling Systems
- 52: Vortex Exhaust Pipes
- 53: Environmental Support
- 54: Secondary Torpedo Systems
- 55: Port Laser Turrets
- 56-57: Cargo Bays
- 58: Main Engineering
- 59: AEGIS Controls
- 60: Waste management
- 61: Brigs
Internal Room Layout
Internal Room Layout
Maximum Capacity of Cargo Bays (Total): 60, 160 tonnes
Secondary Usage: Cargo Bays can be converted for use as emergency shelters and or triage centres. Without serious adaptations the Avenger cannot carry any more combat troops except for its standard complement.
Internal Room Layout
Number of Beds in Main Med-Bay: 92 standard, 5 surgical, 3 Cryogenic Framed
Located in the middle section of the ship for maximum protection from enemy fire, the Main Medical Bay is the centre of all medical issues on board the Avenger. The huge area is of rectangular shape and is directly linked to the Medical Laboratory, the Chief Medical Officer's and to the Chief Surgeon's office.
The Main Medical Bay contains several separate areas, in which 92 of its regular beds reside. These areas are separated in the instance that a quarantine might be needed.
There is also an equipment storage room, containing all important medical devices and equipment, a surgery room containing 5 beds for surgical operations and also a cryo room containing 3 cryo-pods, which are used to render the patient in suspended animation in the event that special medical aid is required.
The Main Medical Bay is coated in white and blue colours to help relax the patients as much as possible.
Internal Room Layout
An area on which no expense was spared, the fighter bays of the U.N.S.S. Avenger are some of the most sophisticated and largest in the entire galaxy. The Main Fighter Bay houses the ship's Battle Fighters and its Reconnaissance Fighters, whilst the Secondary Fighter Bay contains the ship's Fighter-Bombers and any other craft.
There are four stages to deploying a fighter, shuttle or any other such vessel from these areas and they have been equipped with the appropriate facilities for all of those stages.
The first stage is to initiate any repairs and maintenance on the craft in question from its previous sortie. This is done in the hangar section of the fighter bay, which is kept supplied with the needed parts at all times along with the Fighter Craft Maintenance area.
The second stage is to prep the vessel for its mission through its re-arming and re-fuelling facility, which outfits the vessel with any kinds of weapons, equipment and fuel it might need at top notch speed.
The third is the pre-operation stage where technicians carefully test the craft for any glitches or errors whatsoever.
Finally during the last stage the craft are deployed through the use of magnetic catapults, which ensure that the craft are deployed quickly and that they have ample of speed already at takeoff.
During all of these phases Terran engineers always supervise the process under careful scrutiny so as to make sure that no mistake was made on the part of automated robots and computers. The end result is a housing and deployment system which is fast and efficient without almost any comparison in the galaxy.
Internal Room Layout
This part of the ship is used exclusively by U.N.P.P.F ground forces that are stationed aboard the Avenger. The large room is rectangular in shape and half of the room is taken up by 160 seats.
These are arranged in a 90' circle around the debriefing officer and are separated into four sections which are spaced away from each other. Each of these sections contains 5 rows of 8 chairs.
The debriefing officer stands at the wall which is opposite to the entrance and has a vast holographic tactical display in front of him of any select ground battlefield, be it from recorded missions or even real-time footage of a select part of a planet's surface.
Behind him there is a large holographic projection screen, for which the controls are also located on the tactical display and which can be used to show anything, from mission recordings, to unit statistics.
Internal Room Layout
Located on the lower portion of the ship, this area is the ship's "heart". A long corridor goes through the entire engineering section of the ship so as to make sure that engineers can repair crews can reach any room or part of the area as quickly as possible.There are four primary rooms in Main Engineering.
The first is a small conference room where the Head of Engineering can meet with his staff, analyze any problem or task through the use of an extensive ship's holo-schematic and discuss options to the problem or the task.
The second room is used for the operation and repair of the ship's primary and secondary computer, from where all aspects of computer errors or malfunctions can be dealt with and also where one may enter the ship's access corridors that spread throughout the ship so that manual repairs can be initiated anywhere in the case of a total computer crash.
The third room is devoted to power management and distribution, which is crucial for the ship's operational purposes and contains various consoles to divert power to various systems, including weapons and defensive measures.
Finally a large portion of Main Engineering is also devoted to the operation and monitoring of the vortex drive. It is located in the middle of the corridor, which splits into two ways and goes around the room, and is designed to be housed around the vortex drive itself.
Apart from its various consoles it also has an access door to enter the vortex drive chamber itself if need be to do so, but this must be done only with protection suits and once repairs are completed a severe hazardous materials screening process, on the subject who executed the repairs, must be preformed.
Previous in Vehicles, Crafts, and Starships
Next in Vehicles, Crafts, and Starships